You Know you are a SAR Junkie when:
- You have more than 4 rolls of flagging in your car at any one time What
color do you want?? Orange? Lime?)
- You can hold an entire crew briefing in acronyms (Considering the PLS, LKP
and POD the Type 3 POA for SEC 3 will be...)
- You can wear a different rescue shirt everyday of the week. (CARDA on
Monday, EDCSAR on Tuesday, NASAR on Wednesday...)
- All of your Christmas wish list items are in the catalogs from Search
Gear, Galls, SAR Camp, etc/
- You think blaze orange is a great color.
- You own LOTS of stuff that is BLAZE ORANGE.
- You always have these items in the back of your car: 24 hour SAR pack,
Wilderness Medical Kit, rope throw bag, a few coils of static line, and enough
climbing hardware to decrease you gas mileage to 10 gallons per mile.
- You've ever duct taped together rain gear (& more!)
- You have yet to encounter a problem that duct tape and a Leatherman tool
- You've ever had a heated debate between Gibbs vs. Prussics, Leatherman
tool vs. Gerber, or 1/3 strength Gatorade vs. 1/2 strength Gatorade.
- You can vow that the saying "A shower a day keeps the flies away" is true
- You lost all your table manners when you joined your SAR team.
- You've considered a turkey sandwich & Gatorade fine dining after 3days in
- You can splint just about anything with sticks, zip ties and duct tape
- Your favorite free time activity is going through your SAR gear.
- Reflective tape is a sought after fashion accessory.
- You have a CPR mask, flashlight, knife & rescue 8 bottle opener on your
- You have more than 5 rescue decals or 3 radio antennas on you personal
- You know all of your local SAR radio frequencies by heart.
- You think SAR conferences are a great vacation.
- You can't go to a SAR conference with out spending $100 at the gear
vendors. if you get away that cheap!)
- Your friends have teased you by leaving you strapped in a stokes litter.
- You take a 30lb pack to go for a day hike with friends.
- The criteria for your personal vehicle was having 4 wheel drive and ample
- You're an Advil junkie.
- You have a rescue cut in more than 1 pair of boots.
- You don't own anything that is cotton.
- This list actually makes sense to you!